Skip to main content

To the lost, broken and forgotten


If you feel lost or do not know which way to go
If you don't know who you are anymore or maybe never got the chance to get to know yourself
You can't recognize the person in the mirror
You lost yourself along the way
Maybe you morphed into someone else
Maybe for someone else
You don't know which way is up or whether you are coming or going
Maybe you are at a crossroad

If you're forgotten
No one sees you, the unshakeable pillar of strength that has no one to lean on
Maybe they left you behind
Or realized how truly alone you are when you stopped calling and no one called you

If you are shattered
Your pieces so small it's impossible to mold yourself back together
The person you once were completely erased

You're not alone
7 billion people on the planet, someone on the other side of the world understands
You're understood
You're not okay, that's okay
You're broken
You don't have to pull yourself back together
You can stop the charade
You don't owe the world one more plastic smile

Maybe it gets better but maybe it never does
Maybe it keeps on getting worse and the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train
Maybe it will take you a lifetime for a genuine smile to grace your face
Maybe there's no silver lining

I hope you learn to smile as endless tears stream down your face
I hope you feel the sun on your skin when you feel frozen cold inside
I hope you dance as your world is crashing down around you

I hope you live





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Purely Platonic:Just Friends

Can men and women just be friends? That is an apparently hard question to answer. Can two single, relatively attractive people of the opposite sex just be friends and nothing more? The answer to this question from my personal experience is I don't know, maybe?  Word of caution, if you're interested in dating one of the two friends, look closely, very closely. Let me tell you a story to illustrate my point. Once upon a time on a university campus in Windhoek there was a girl who met a guy. The girl and guy somehow became friends, the girl doesn't remember how. They were both involved in campus ministry, they saw each other most days of the week and they both went to the same non-denominational bible study in the park on Saturdays. They called and texted each other all the time, the girl liked they guy very much and suspected that the guy liked her too. However they guy never made a move and soon the girl grew disillusioned, maybe the guy didn't like her like that

Rejection Slips

  I love my rejection slips. I am going to print  and put them on a notice board in my room when I finally get around to  making my writing corner a reality. I imagine, they'll inspire me to pour my heart out and try again, because failure is not trying.  I got a rejection slip today, an email from an online magazine I really want to be published in. It hurt more than the others, it hurt because I really, really really wanted this and I poured my heart and soul into the article I submitted. It hurts, that's what I want to get across is, the " we regret to inform you that we eventually decided against publishing it as we do not think it is suitable for our platform at this time " that, that was an arrow through my heart. What does that even mean? I've poured over the magazine, I've read every article that caught my eye, I was guided by what was published. The article I submitted was a result of the feelings some one the articles evoked in me.   So tell me, wha

Obsessed: A Walk to Remember

I am crazy obsessed with A Walk to Remember, I can't help it, I love this movie; I am in love with the characters and I can't help but watch it over and over and over and over again.  I didn't make the gifs but here's my running commentary and the comparisons to my sorta kinda there love life. The whole movie is my favourite scene... God has a sense of humour, it has to do with getting a new sweater Please fall in love with me? Landon: Jamie... I love you.......... Now would be the time to say something.  Jamie: I told you not to fall in love with me.  Of course i'm afraid to fall in love with you. I'm  well on my way though. I don't want to do this alone, take a chance with me? I really want him to kiss me, he hasn't yet. Or shown any indication that he wants to! It's been so long I may actually have forgotten how to? Is kissing like learning how to ride a bicycle?  Kiss me!! It's dr